Justice for Immigrants
2010 Action Calendar
Beginning in 2010, Justice for Immigrants will be ramping up our efforts and re-launching a national campaign to support comprehensive immigration reform. This effort will educate and engage Catholics around the country on this critical issue. The following action calendar identifies a number of opportunities for action in the initial months of 2010, but may be modified as the legislative calendar evolves and new opportunities arise.
December (Opportunities for gathering postcard signatures)
12 Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe
16-24 Las Posadas (Advent celebrations in dioceses and parishes)
January (Public Re-launch of Justice for Immigrants)
3-9 National Migration Week
- Please send us your postcard collection and other National Migration Week activities, so we may include them in Jan 6 launch announcement.
6 JFI public re-launch – Feast of the Epiphany
- JFI will launch its 2010 campaign with a telephonic press conference (be sure to send us reports of your postcard gathering and other National Migration Week activities so we may include them in the launch).
10 Feast of the Holy Family
17 Pope Benedict Delivers Annual Message on Migration
19 Coordinated Postcard Deliveries in Congressional Districts
- This is the first opportunity for coordinated postcard delivery. The message will focus on family unity and underscore points from the Pope’s message. JFI will provide media support.
- Social Ministry Gathering in DC
- JFI will coordinate a national activity in support of immigration reform during the Social Ministry Gathering.
- February Recess – Prayer Vigils and 2nd Postcard Deliveries
- February recess is a second opportunity to coordinate postcard deliveries. We will also be organizing prayer vigils around the country during this week.
22 National Faith Mobilization in DC
- In partnership with numerous faith groups around the country, JFI will help to mobilize a national gathering of thousands of people of faith for immigration reform.