The McGreal Center for Dominican Historical Studies promotes the
research and writing of the history of the Dominican Family in
the United States. Through the collection and preservation of historical
documents, the McGreal Center facilitates opportunities for serious
research relative to the Dominican family’s significance
in the life of the Order of Preachers, the Church and the nation.
The goals of the McGreal
Center for Dominican Historical Studies
• Catalog all OPUS books, documents and archival resources
for the transition to Dominican University.
• Move McGreal Center to Dominican University by the fall
• Continue the writing and research of Volume II.
• Recruit more researchers and writers for Volume II of
the Order of Preachers in the United States: A Family History.
• Plan and organize a workshop for archivists, researchers
and writers of Volume II to be held the summer of 2008.
• Reconstitute an advisory board for the McGreal Center.
Janet Welsh, OP Interim Director
7900 West Division Street
River Forest, IL 60305
email: Janet Welsh,