Israel Palestine Conflict
Take action to call for end to U.S. military aid to Israel
Vice President Biden has promised that the Obama administration
would hold Israel “accountable for any statements or actions that inflame
tensions or prejudice the outcome of talks.” The Obama administration
needs to translate its promise into action by ending military aid to Israel
as a consequence for its ongoing violations of U.S. and international law and
its defiance of U.S. policy goals.
As we approach Tax Day (April 15), the U.S. Dominican Palestine
Coordinating Committee encourages Dominicans and our friends to
press the Obama administration and Congress for Israeli accountability
and an end to U.S. military aid to Israel.
Please consider these actions:
- Watch a video of President Obama's state of the Union with a message
to hold Israel accountable.
- Find out how much military aid to Israel your Congressional district, county, and city will provide and what that money could have been used for instead in your community at aidtoisrael.org.
- Send a letter to your members of Congress opposing the President's FY2011 budget request for $3 billion in military aid to Israel.
- Request an organizing packet from EndTheOccupation, which includes
post cards to send President Obama, petitions to Congress, and fact sheets. Please do this ASAP to receive materials in time for Tax Day.
- Organize a meeting with your members of Congress who are scheduled to
be in their home districts for spring recess from March 29-April 9. Assemble
a delegation of concerned constituents to meet with your members of Congress to express your opposition to military aid to Israel.
- Draft a memo to give to your members of Congress with suggested amendment language to ensure that future U.S. military aid to Israel does not contribute to Israel's human rights abuses of Palestinians.
- Draft a letter to give to your members of Congress requesting Secretary of State Clinton to investigate Israel's violations of the Arms Export Control Act.
We are grateful for all that you do to help End the Occupation of Palestine
and the Siege of Gaza.
The Palestine Coordinating Committee
Bernie Wombacher, OP
Ceil Lavan, OP
Stella Goodpasture, OP
Teresa Auad, OP
[Adapted from http://endtheoccupation.org]